Much of the success of our Royal Rangers program will depend on the effectiveness of your leaders. In order to insure your leaders are adequately prepared, Royal Rangers provides a variety of leader training opportunities. Some training events are conducted by your district Royal Rangers leadership while others are conducted by the national Royal Rangers training office.
DISTRICT TRAINING PROGRAMS
- Ranger Basics – a one-day hands-on event that provides leaders with all the basic essentials needed to conduct a successful Royal Rangers program. Topics include successful outpost meetings, how to use the Rangers curriculum and advancement system, and how to build healthy relationships with boys and young men, and soul-winning techniques for evangelism.
- Ranger Essentials – a one-day fun, interactive-style event where leaders learn how to connect with today’s boys, along with recognizing ministry needs and outreach opportunities. Instruction is given on how to give life-changing devotions and how to mentor boys and young men into spiritual leaders.
NATIONAL TRAINING PROGRAMS
- National Rangers Ministry Camp (NRMC) – provides instruction in leading exciting outpost activities. Each man will be introduced to the following activities: archery, art, air rifle, contemporary camping, computers, drama, music, team building initiatives, trades, and Ranger Derby. Additionally, participants experience what it means to be a boy-lead, adult-facilitated outpost, using the team/patrol system. Most importantly, participants are challenged spiritually to live a life of godly manhood and servant leadership. Every leader will be able to answer the question, “Do I have what it takes to be a godly man?”
- National Elementary Education Conference (NEEC) – an interactive event that gives men and women leaders training in various techniques and methods to effectively teach and mentor boys. Leaders will explore the development and needs of the elementary age group, with Ranger Kids as the main focus. Attendees will gain a better understanding of the needs and characteristics of boys so you can better relate and connect with them.
- World Class Outpost Seminar (WCO) – designed to expose the outpost leadership team to a successful set of practices, methods, strategies, and tools that will enable them to develop into a World Class Outpost. The greatest benefit of this event is achieved when the outpost/church leadership attends and completes this event together as a team.
For more information concerning the district leader training opportunities available in your area contact your district leadership. For information concerning national training events visit our leader training page.