STARTUP RESOURCES BUYING GUIDE
In order to get your program started right, you’ll need a variety or resources to equip your leaders for success. In order to help you in identifiing the things you need, we’ve provided the following lists. These lists represent the basic essentials as well as the additional items we recommend for your new program. The actual resources your program will need will depend on the number of age groups your program will include, the number of leaders involved, and your available budget.
Note that this is just a list of recommended resources. For a more detailed explanation of each resource, visit our resources page.
The following resources are the basic essentials that any church will need in order to start a Royal Rangers program.
- TRaCclub – For each age group you plan to operate, you will need at least one membership to TRaCclub for that group’s track. Some churches purchase a membership for each leader, while others purchase one track to be shared by multiple leaders. Whichever method you choose, your leaders will need access to the leader’s teaching materials in TRaCclub.
- Royal Rangers Leader Manual (#020707) – Every leader will need access to the Leader Manual to insure he/she has a complete understanding of the program. Some churches purchase a Leader Manual for each leader, while others purchase one manual to be shared by multiple leaders.
- Royal Rangers Program Poster (#239005) – Since boys are required to memorize many of these items as part of their advancement trail, we recommend purchasing one poster for each room where your groups will meet.
- Advancement Awards Chart (#238946) – At least one chart is needed, but it would be better to have one in every room where your groups will meet.
In addition to the basic essentials listed above, we recommend the following resources. While you can start your program without them, these resources will provide your boys and leaders with a move complete understanding of the program and will become essential as you move forward with your program in the months ahead.
- Uniforms – We recommend that all Royal Rangers groups utilize some form of uniform to identify their program and promote group identity. As described on the resources page, the uniform you choose can be the full utility uniform, the customized special uniform, or the awards vest.
- Boys Handbooks – Since these handbooks provide valuable program information for boys and parents, we recommend providing handbooks for each boy.
- Promotional Materials – These additional promotional materials can be helpful in promoting your program and communicating the message of Royal Rangers.
- Advancement Tracking Charts – We recommend that one of these charts be placed in each room where your boys will meet.